THE 2020 MONTEUX WINTER WORKSHOP, LINCOLN CENTER
NEW YORK CITY CONCERTS: JANUARY 4 AND 5 AT 7:30 PM
GOOD SHEPHERD-FAITH PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 152 W 66th St
Mozart: Piano Concerto No. 23, Christopher Johnson, soloist
Sibelius: Violin Concerto, Cyrus Beroukhim, soloist
Schubert: Symphony No. 5
Debussy: L’apres-midi d’un faune
Beethoven: Leonore Overture No. 3
Brahms: Symphony No. 2
The Monteux School & Music Festival (MSMF) is a six-week summer orchestra festival providing training and practical experience for orchestra conductors and instrumentalists. Participants learn first-hand the various demands of orchestral playing and experience an unrivaled opportunity to learn a large and varied repertoire over the course of its six-week program.
Housing is provided for all participants. Housing for couples available on a limited basis.
*NEW THIS YEAR: We will be adding air conditioning to some of the student housing this year and the rest the following year.
MSMF presents six Festival Orchestra concerts open to the general public presented in Forest Studio each Sunday at 5:00 PM from June 21-July 26, and five ‘Mainely’ Chamber Music concerts NOW AT 5:00 PM each Wednesday from June 24-July 22.
MSMF’s program for conductors and orchestral musicians offers:
- Intensive training and practical experience for conductors and orchestra musicians.
- Exciting repertoire of some 60 works, encompassing the full scope and variety of the symphonic literature.
- Unique experience where conductors learn from both sides of the podium. Conductors also play in the orchestra, creating a positive environment in which conductors and instrumentalists work and learn together.
- Professional videos of all performances provided to each Conductor
- Resume Review and Career Development provided by experienced professionals in the field
- Coachings and Audition Workshops with members of major symphony orchestras
- Headshots with a professional photographer will be available