“It’s a very special place … Don’t miss the chance to come and study with Maestro Jinbo!”
Seattle Symphony Music Director
“… it’s about making choices that give the orchestra exactly what it needs, and nothing that it doesn’t.”
Gabriel Lefkowitz ’11-‘12
“The Monteux School has been hugely influential to both of us . . . so we can’t encourage you enough to apply for next summer’s session and hope you get as much as we did out of the experience.”
Kensho Watanabe ’09-’11, Assistant Conductor, Philadelphia Orchestra
Adam Johnson ’09, Assistant Conductor, Montreal Symphony Orchestra
“…it provides a really open and encouraging opportunity for musical and personal growth in an unbelievably beautiful setting.”
Marisela Sager ’97
Principal 2nd Flute
“Monteux School played such an important role in my life I would encourage all conductors and instrumentalists to go.”
Erik Ochsner ’92-’96
SONOS Chamber Orchestra
Alumni Comments About Maestro Jinbo
- . . . is a wonderful, gifted teacher. His passion is palpable.
- I have never had a teacher who has been able to reach me as profoundly.
- . . . Is destined to be a great teacher in the spirit and tradition of Monteux and Bruck.
- I have had many teachers in my life. [He] is the first I could call a mentor
- . . . is the individual who best links the greatness of the School’s past to its future
- [He is ] a man of great musical integrity, a spiritually and intellectually stimulating conductor, and a truly inspiring teacher.